Director of Security
Department: Stadium Operations
Direct Supervisor: Senior Director, Security
The Director of Security is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all safety and security plans and programs for all facets of Hard Rock Stadium. This includes 24/7 facility security as well as event day safety and security. This position work will work closely with security and operations colleagues, local law enforcement and contracted security agencies to ensure a safe environment for all staff and guests.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and annually update safety management plans, incident, and evacuation plans for the front office and Hard Rock Stadium. Ensure all full-time, part-time, and event day staff are knowledgeable of these plans and understand their roles in the execution of the plans
- Direct the 24/7 facility security operation for Hard Rock Stadium. Responsible for security planning, implementation, and oversight for all events including (but not limited to) Miami Dolphin’s home and away games, the Miami Open, soccer, concerts, and corporate events
- Assist in the coordination of toll plaza, traffic, and parking staff and coordinates multi-modal transportation planning with local agencies
- Consult with the events department to develop and implement safety and security plans and corresponding event security staffing templates for every event at Hard Rock Stadium
- Administer and manage a computerized incident and event reporting system (ISS – 24/7). Require and coordinate data input from security staff, contract security, and law enforcement
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security protection/access control of the building envelope and primary/secondary perimeters. Utilize 24/7 staff, security contractors, and security systems to achieve on event and non-event days
- Work collaboratively with public safety and local law enforcement groups for events at Hard Rock Stadium.
- Build and maintain relationships with local, state, federal law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts.
- Conduct training and briefings for audiences ranging from executive level members to front-line associates
- Represent the stadium security department in senior and/or executive level corporate, government, and industry security working groups
- Ensure compliance with National Football League security mandates and protocols
- Identify potential or existing security risks to the overall organization, identify and implement resolutions.
- Oversight of and decision-making authority of the Emergency Action Plan, the Concept of Operations Plan, and Quality Control/Assurance Plan.
- 5 to 7 years experience in a stadium or public gathering security setting or law enforcement
- Experience in special event security and public assembly venue security is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- Strong management, administrative, supervisory, training, presentation, consultant, and facilitator skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Skilled in assessing security risks and needs
- Ability to obtain necessary clearances for review of sensitive material
- Superior knowledge of technical aspects of security systems (including IP Cameras, door access, fire systems, and human resource scheduling programs)
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening and, subject to applicable law, compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Director of Security